Wednesday, June 27, 2012

JAPAN - QUICK KAWAII HAI!

HAI! 

Day 2 of my Japan trip. I spent the first day on a vicious jet-lagged, bleary-eyed product hunt in the famous Takashimaya Department store in Nagoya. 
You'll be happy to hear however, that when I woke up this morning to see what I had actually bought.. I can confirm I picked up some amazingly unique items!

One of the biggest things that has struck me about the Japanese culture so far can be summed up in one word: EFFICIENCY. 
Everything here just makes sense! You can tell there is a heavily researched and thought out thought process behind almost everything they do. These people are sharp as tacts I tell you.

Which is why it comes as no surprise to find that the the cosmetic industry here in Japan is the 2nd biggest and most evolved in the world. I found so many products that provided a means to an end. There were so many "Oooh!" moments of excitement I had once I discovered little items that I wished had always existed and now I've found out they do!
I can't wait to share them with you so stay posted for my many posts on kawaii stuff that I picked up.

I've been awake for the past 24 hours after a fun filled sight seeing and geisha watching trip in Kyoto
Now it's time to drag my throbbing feet off to bed.. and do it all again tomorrow before I head back to Beijing.

So I'll leave you with a couple of iPhone snaps to get your Zen going.

Sayonara, for now.


Had this little creature awaiting my arrival. Reminded me of the 'Sadako And A Thousand Paper Cranes' production I did in primary school. #Nostalgia

Well hello Green Tea Haagen Dazs.  Marry me.  NOW.


I'll say it again - EFFICIENCY!
GBI x


2 comments:

  1. that green tea ice cream looks super yummy! xx

    http://www.theprovocativecouture.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to try it.. it's delicious! I just started following your blog xx

    ReplyDelete